felix-users mailing list archives

From fabiolf <fabio.l.fons...@gmail.com>
Subject How is the most efficient way to know when a bundle is started?
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 18:38:42 GMT
Hello!

In OSGI, the call to Bundle.start() is asynchronous. So when I issue the
call, I have to code something to let me know when the Bundle is really
started. The first thing that came to my mind is to create a polling process
to check if the bundle is already started, but it is not the most efficient
and quick way to achieve that. I need to know as soon as possible the moment
when the bundle is started. I was thinking about listening to bundle start
events and then filter to find my bundle start event. Is it possible? Is it
efficient? How can I do it?

Thanks in advance!
Fabio