felix-users mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Web Console multiline input/state of Wicket-based console
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 08:27:07 GMT
Hi Oliver,

Am 30.05.2012 um 14:32 schrieb Oliver Lietz:

> hello all,
>
> is it possible to input multiline String values in Web Console Configuration
> somehow? If not, is it enough to patch config.js?

Currently we don't support multiline fields because we just have "String" propery type and
it is not easy to find out whether single-line or multi-line content should be filled.

I could imagine improving this situation with a dynanic client-side approach (yes, config.js
is the right file to hack, particularly the createInput function): If the fields exceeds a
certain number of characters the text input is converted into a textarea. Likewise if the
user hits "enter" and likewise if the string already exceeds a certain size or contains CR/LF
a text area is created upfront.

> What is the state of Wicket-based console? Is it dead?

I don't know of any Wicket-based console .... The goal of the web console is really to be
as light-weight as to be able to operate in limited resources environments. So light-weight
not only means KB but also Java API requirements.

Regards
Felix