felix-users mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Using bundle update method
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 11:37:14 GMT
Hi

Once you updated the bundle other bundles may still be using the old bundle version. You have
to refresh the bundle wirings for them to be wired to the new bundle.

Traditionally this has been done with a call to PackageAdmin.refreshBundles(Bundle[]) (There
is now new API to do this, but I do not know it off-hand; but the old is still avaliable).

Regards
Felix

Am 14.05.2012 um 10:50 schrieb Thierry Templier:

> Hello,
>
> Regarding my problem with bundle update, I made some progress. In fact,
> the bundle is actually updated but some classes still point to the old
> version (bundle before update).
>
> For example, the BundleActivator used comes from the new bundle version
> but a class used by this activator still corresponds to one from the old
> bundle version. What could be the reason of this problem? A place in the
> application that keeps a reference to instance or class from the old
> bundle? This could be enough not to load the new version of the class?
>
> Thanks very much for your help!
> Thierry
>> On 5/11/12 11:03 , Thierry Templier wrote:
>>> Okay, I see. Is it possible to see this information in the felix shell?
>>
>> lb -u
>>
>> See "help lb"
>>

>>> Is it the first parameter to specify to the installBundle method?
>>
>> Not necessarily. Bundles can specify "Bundle-UpdateLocation" in their
>> manifest. However, it is a really bad idea to use this manifest header
>> and it is really the only reason why "lb -u" is necessary, since it is
>> a hidden way for the bundle to change the update location. If not
>> specified, though, it is the location parameter given to installBundle.
>>
>> -> richard
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Thierry