felix-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Using bundle update method
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 09:20:50 GMT
You are doing the right thing: calling update should work, and you should not need to stop
it beforehand (or start it afterwards). Could you please show more exactly what code you are
using and what exception you are getting?

On May 2, 2012, at 10:23 , Thierry Templier wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I install bundles using the installBundle method if the BundleContext class. It works
fine and after having started them, they are
> available within the Felix container. I want then to update them using the update method
of the Bundle interface and it
> unfortunately doesn't work.
>
> I read the OSGi specification and it says that we need to stop the bundle before updating
it and start it again then. But I have