felix-users mailing list archives

From Sascha Vogt <sascha.v...@gmail.com>
Subject maven-bundle-plugin bundle:manifest and import packages
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 11:51:18 GMT
Hi all,

I'm currently struggling with the maven-bundle-plugin. I'm using the
manifest goal to create our OSGi-enabled manifest, which is then
packaged with the default jar plugin (reason why I don't use it to
produce the final Jar is because I need to exclude a few classes and if
I didn't miss anything, this isn't possible with the bundle plugin, see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1119)

I now have a dependency which I need to include and therefore the bundle
plugin should ignore these packages when generating the import. I added
the proper  <Import-Package>!com.mydep.*</Import-Package> instruction,
but this makes the bundle plugin to produce a manifest, with an
Ignore-Package header (Ignore-Package: com.mydep.a,com.mydep.b) but
still include the package in the Import-Package header.

Any hints on why the bundle-plugin does this?

Greetings
-Sascha-