felix-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Using bundle update method
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 12:33:38 GMT
Btw. your use case looks exactly like what pax web does :-)

I have a tutorial where this is shown:
http://www.liquid-reality.de/display/liquid/2011/02/15/Karaf+Tutorial+Part+1+-+Installation+and+First+application

It also shows how to use the whiteboard extender that publishes Services
of type javax.servlet to the HttpService.

What is the update location of your bundle? Update only works if the
update location is where your updated bundle is located.

Christian

Am 11.05.2012 13:57, schrieb Thierry Templier:
> Hello Karl,
>
> Thanks very much for ther link. However, I think that I'm in a
> particular use case... Let me describe it.
>
> I have three main bundles:
>
> - An HTTP server one. It starts / stops and configures an HTTP server.
> The internal server is exported as an OSGi service.
> - Application ones. They provide application to the server as OSGi
> services. They don't export anything... All instances are internally
> instantiated in these bundles and provided through services.
> - An installer one that listens service registrations /
> unregistrations and deploy / undeploy application against the server.
>
> The bundles to update are the application ones. If I correctly
> understand, classes from application bundles need not to be used
> anymore to allow updating. Am I right?
>
> Moreover is there a tool to detect which classes from other bundles
> still use classes of application bundles?
>
> Thanks.
> Thierry
>
>> You might have to refresh?
>>
>> http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-osgi-faq.html#ApacheFelixOSGiFAQ-bundlenotupdated