felix-users mailing list archives

From Thierry Templier <thierry.templ...@restlet.com>
Subject Re: Using bundle update method
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 11:57:30 GMT
Hello Karl,

Thanks very much for ther link. However, I think that I'm in a
particular use case... Let me describe it.

I have three main bundles:

- An HTTP server one. It starts / stops and configures an HTTP server.
The internal server is exported as an OSGi service.
- Application ones. They provide application to the server as OSGi
services. They don't export anything... All instances are internally
instantiated in these bundles and provided through services.
- An installer one that listens service registrations / unregistrations
and deploy / undeploy application against the server.

The bundles to update are the application ones. If I correctly
understand, classes from application bundles need not to be used anymore
to allow updating. Am I right?

Moreover is there a tool to detect which classes from other bundles
still use classes of application bundles?

Thanks.
Thierry