felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: AW: Problem creating separate service for each bundle
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 12:29:41 GMT
Yes, that allows you to configure each service instance for the
receiver, but technically you could do this simply with ServiceFactory
if you were implementing the service factory yourself. However, since
you are using iPOJO, then you need to implement a custom strategy, which
is effectively equivalent to implementing a service factory.

Your original desire to assign a different service property to each
service is not really possible, since the service only has one service
registration (and associated properties) no matter if it is a service
factory or a single global object.

-> richard

On 5/10/12 05:01 , Adrian Mörchen wrote:
> Okay, solved the problem my elf.
>
> The solution is quite simple, when known: Implementing a custom CreationStrategy:
>
> @Component
> @Provides(strategy = "my.service.MyServiceCreationStrategy")
> @Instantiate
> public class MyServiceImpl implements MyService {
>
>      private final String symbolicName;
>

>      /**
>       * Constructor.
>       *
>       * @param context
>       *            Context of the current bundle.
>       */
>      public MyServiceImpl(String symbolicName) {
>          this.symbolicName = symbolicName;
>      }

> }
>
> package my.service;
>
> public class MyServiceCreationStrategy extends CreationStrategy {
>
>      private final Map<String, MyService>  services = new HashMap<String, MyService>();
>
>      /**
>       * {@inheritDoc}
>       */
>      @Override
>      public Object getService(Bundle bundle, ServiceRegistration registration) {
>          String symbolicName = bundle.getSymbolicName();
>          MyService myService = services.get(symbolicName);
>          if (myService == null) {
>              myService = new MyServiceImpl(symbolicName);
>              services.put(symbolicName, myService);
>          }
>          return myService;
>      }
>
>      /**
>       * {@inheritDoc}
>       */
>      @Override
>      public void ungetService(Bundle bundle, ServiceRegistration registration, Object
service) {
>          services.remove(bundle.getSymbolicName());
>      }
>
>      /**
>       * Does nothing.
>       *
>       * {@inheritDoc}
>       */
>      @Override
>      public void onPublication(InstanceManager instance, String[] interfaces, Properties
props) {
>          // Do nothing.
>      }
>
>      /**
>       * Does nothing.
>       *
>       * {@inheritDoc}
>       */
>      @Override
>      public void onUnpublication() {
>          // Do nothing.
>      }

an instance with information about the bundle requesting it?

OSGi Service Factory concept and automatically creates a unique service object instance for
each bundle that requests the service. It doesn't mean that each requesting bundle will become
the provider of the unique service instance. The provider is always the provider.