felix-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Coverity Static Analysis
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 15:32:45 GMT
Hello Joel,

On Apr 9, 2012, at 14:30 PM, Joel Schuster wrote:

> I'm using Felix within a gov't project. Lately there has been a push to have
> open source projects be scanned by 3rd party static analysis tools to show
> the value of using OSS within gov't projects while showing that the risk is
> in fact smaller than industry standard.
>
> As you can see there are quite a few OSS projects that are already being
> scanned, and a number of those projects are making explicit effort to make
> sure that any bugs that are found are dealt with quickly.
>
> http://scan.coverity.com/all-projects.html
>
> I was wondering if the Felix project would be interested in pursuing being
> scanned by Coverity and being placed on this list.

I looked at the link you supplied, but there is not much to see there other than some metrics
that are done in a way that I cannot reproduce. Why should we as an open source project be
interested in actively participating in this?

All our sourcecode is obviously available for anyone to examine, so I'm sure that anybody
who is interested in running it past the static analysis tools that Coverity has can do so.

Greetings, Marcel