felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Felix + Gemini JPA issue?
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 13:21:07 GMT
On 4/16/12 22:34 , Michael Van Geertruy wrote:
> What's saddest about this is the Equinox is supposed to be the
> reference implementation of the spec. The fact that this bug exists
> is, in itself, highly problematic.

I talked to Tom Watson about this, he doesn't think that Equinox should
support "." either, so it is not something specific it supports. He said
he thinks the only way that would work is if you were installing a
bundle as a directory. Since that is non-spec to begin with, then it
probably really doesn't matter. So, it sounds like if you install a
bundle as a JAR file, then Equinox doesn't support this either.

-> richard