felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: using com.sun.* in bundles
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 16:13:03 GMT
On 4/4/12 09:11 , David G. wrote:
> I am creating a bundle for felix that uses com.sun.crypto.providers.SunJCE
>
> I thought that com.sun.* was exposed to the container via the JVM,
> however Im getting class not found exceptions when I execute my
> bundle.
>
> What the best way for allowing com.sun.* packages to resolve in an
> OSGi Bundle under felix? (My Import-Package is *, but when i look at
> my bundles under felix is complains it can find com.sun.crypto.

At a minimum, you need to modify
org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra in conf/config.properties to
include the additional JVM packages you want to expose, then simply make
sure your bundles import them and you'll be all set. As also suggested,
you can create a framework fragment to add the additional JVM packages too.

-> richard