felix-users mailing list archives

From Matias SM <matias...@yahoo.com.ar>
Subject Re: OBR and automatic bundle update
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 23:11:04 GMT
Ok, I see. Shouldn't the location string be replaced (with the updated
version location) when the bundle is updated? It seems a little confusing.

Thank you very much for the clarification, I will do some more
experimentation keeping in mind what we discussed.

On 02/04/12 19:25, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> Yes, you are using the same path when you try to install the first bundle the second
time and this will not work since that path is used as a unique key, which is why it returns
the same bundle id as printed in your session since it did not install anything the second
time.

> As I suggest you need to have two different paths.
>
> However, this isn't an issue for OBR since it uses an arbitrary location string, so it
is always unique when it does an install, which you can't easily do from the shell, like I
said before.