felix-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Yziquel <guillaume.yziq...@crossing-tech.com>
Subject Re: equinox/felix behaviour with lib/endorsed
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:17:29 GMT
Hi.

Le Thursday 19 Apr 2012 à 09:07:47 (-0400), Richard S. Hall a écrit :
> Is your bundle importing the package in question? If not, you should
> import it in your bundle and then modify the system bundle to export
> the package.
>
> If you don't want to import it (which is a bad idea), you could also
> add that package to the framework's boot delegation property.
>
> The first option is the best.
>
> -> richard

I tried the second option first. Didn't work out.

I then tried the first option. I guess my problem is getting the system
bundle to export the package properly, which is not the case as I can
see from the karaf console.

However, it seems that there is some mechanism in karaf about the two
different config.properties and custom.properties to override one with
the other. The exact mechanism is still unclear to me. But this maybe
becomes a karaf question.

As to equinox / felix comparison, is there some detailed explanation as
to what the 'boot-time' differences precisely are? It seems many people
get into this mismatch at one point or another.

--
Guillaume Yziquel
Crossing-Tech