felix-users mailing list archives

From "Bond, Tim" <Tim.B...@softwareag.com>
Subject RE: using com.sun.* in bundles
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 18:16:37 GMT
David, are you actually trying to directly use the com.sun.* classes?
If you need message digest or hmac you should use the
java.security.MessageDigest or javax.crypto.Mac classes instead.  You
can specify a provider if you need using the getInstance API.

-- Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: David G. [mailto:davidjgonzalez@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 1:00 PM
To: users@felix.apache.org
Subject: Re: using com.sun.* in bundles

So there is no way to make a truly "portable" osgi bundle that uses the
com.sun.crypto packages? By truly portable I mean installable via OBR
without requiring a restart of the container?

Any thoughts off the top of your head if there is another lib i can
include/import that provides HMAC encryption?

Thanks

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 12:13 PM, Richard S. Hall <heavy@ungoverned.org>
wrote:
> On 4/4/12 09:11 , David G. wrote:
>>
>> I am creating a bundle for felix that uses
>> com.sun.crypto.providers.SunJCE
>>
>> I thought that com.sun.* was exposed to the container via the JVM,
>> however Im getting class not found exceptions when I execute my
>> bundle.
>>
>> What the best way for allowing com.sun.* packages to resolve in an
>> OSGi Bundle under felix? (My Import-Package is *, but when i look at
>> my bundles under felix is complains it can find com.sun.crypto.
>

> At a minimum, you need to modify
> org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra in conf/config.properties to
> include the additional JVM packages you want to expose, then simply
> make sure your bundles import them and you'll be all set. As also
> suggested, you can create a framework fragment to add the additional
JVM packages too.