felix-users mailing list archives

From Barbara Rosi-Schwartz <Barbara.Rosi-Schwa...@iggroup.com>
Subject RE: Class not found, export only error with bundle generated with Maven Bundle Plugin
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 11:51:23 GMT
Will give it a try, thanks Jerome.

-----Original Message-----
From: jerome moliere [mailto:jerome.moliere@gmail.com]
Sent: 02 March 2012 11:27
To: users@felix.apache.org
Subject: Re: Class not found, export only error with bundle generated with Maven Bundle Plugin

Is it a big work for you to try to deploy your bundle into a felixi shell ?
You could set the log level to 4 and know everything about your shell activities ...
I 've seen very valuable in the log client using this strategy each time I faced such problems.
J.MOLIERE - Mentor/J
auteur Eyrolles
blog: http://romjethoughts.blogspot.com
OSGi book available now!!!

2012/3/2 Barbara Rosi-Schwartz <Barbara.Rosi-Schwartz@iggroup.com>:
> Yes, Virgo does come with a LogService, but I can see no interesting information. And
I do use dependency injection, but provided by SpringDM/Gemini blueprint, which is also available
with Virgo out of the box.

> Thanks,
> B.

valuable information with any LogService client bundle (the Felix WebConsole integrates such
client)...
> Do you use SCR as dependency injection framework ?
>
> HTH
> Jerome
> J.MOLIERE - Mentor/J
> auteur Eyrolles
> blog: http://romjethoughts.blogspot.com OSGi book available now!!!
>

> 2012/3/2 Barbara Rosi-Schwartz <Barbara.Rosi-Schwartz@iggroup.com>:
>> Thanks Jerome.
>>
>> I already have quite a good console, the one provided by Virgo! ;-)

When I look at the contents of the jar, I can see that my class of interest is in the jar.
The Manifest correctly exports the package to which the class belongs.

occurs on that class when I request it from another bundle, which correctly imports the package.

to query which bundles have, load and export a specific class, I can see that the class is
not found in any bundle and cannot loaded by any bundle; as for exporting, I am told that
it is correctly exported and imported by the bundles I expect, but it tells me "class not
found, export only" from the specific bundle that exports it.

Bundle plugin to produce such an oddity?

the use of the addressee only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient,
please do not read, copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please
also notify the sender by replying to this email or by telephone (+44 (0)20 7896 0011) and
then delete the email and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc) that do not relate
to the official business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed
by it. IG Group Holdings plc is a company registered in England and Wales under number 04677092.
VAT registration number 761 2978 07. Registered Office: Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill,
London EC4R 2YA. Listed on the London Stock Exchange. Its subsidiaries IG Markets Limited
and IG Index Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (IG
Markets Limited FSA registration number 195355 and IG Index Limited FSA registration number
114059).

>>> http://twitter.com/karlpauls
>>> http://www.linkedin.com/in/karlpauls