felix-users mailing list archives

From Barbara Rosi-Schwartz <Barbara.Rosi-Schwa...@iggroup.com>
Subject Class not found, export only error with bundle generated with Maven Bundle Plugin
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 10:43:36 GMT
Hi.

I am generating a bundle from a third party jar using the Maven Bundle plugin. When I look
at the contents of the jar, I can see that my class of interest is in the jar. The Manifest
correctly exports the package to which the class belongs.

However, when I unleash my bundle in a Virgo container, a NoClassDefFoundException occurs
on that class when I request it from another bundle, which correctly imports the package.

If I use the handy Virgo commands clhas, clload and clexport, which allow to query which bundles
have, load and export a specific class, I can see that the class is not found in any bundle
and cannot loaded by any bundle; as for exporting, I am told that it is correctly exported
and imported by the bundles I expect, but it tells me "class not found, export only" from
the specific bundle that exports it.

Any idea as to what I may be doing wrong with the configuration of the Maven Bundle plugin
to produce such an oddity?

TIA,
B.

BARBARA ROSI-SCHWARTZ
Senior Developer

IG Group|Cannon Bridge House
25 Dowgate Hill|London|EC4R ZYA

t: +44(0)20 7573 0208 (Direct)
t: +44(0)20 7896 0011 (Switchboard)
w: www.iggroup.com

________________________________
The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use of the addressee
only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please also notify the sender
by replying to this email or by telephone (+44 (0)20 7896 0011) and then delete the email
and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc) that do not relate to the official business
of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. IG Group Holdings
plc is a company registered in England and Wales under number 04677092. VAT registration number
761 2978 07. Registered Office: Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill, London EC4R 2YA. Listed
on the London Stock Exchange. Its subsidiaries IG Markets Limited and IG Index Limited are
authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (IG Markets Limited FSA registration
number 195355 and IG Index Limited FSA registration number 114059).