felix-users mailing list archives

From Loic Petit <loic.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UPnP
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 23:58:09 GMT
Hi,

In OSGi, there is the concept of basedriver (which is standardized). Basically, all remote
and local devices are registered on the service registry as org.osgi.service.upnp.UPnPDevice
services.
Then, it is just a matter of filtering on service properties to get the device you want and
call actions on its service. A simple documentation is available here: http://dz.prosyst.com/pdoc/mbserver_5.2/um/upnp/developer/osgi_upnp/osgi_upnp.html
Cling does have a basedriver wrapping (cling-osgi) which is working fine from the trunk (not
released yet I think). Felix also have an implementation based on cybergarage which was less
stable last time I tested it, though I dunno if cyberlink is still maintaining this stack.

LP