felix-users mailing list archives

From Karl Pauls <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Class not found, export only error with bundle generated with Maven Bundle Plugin
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 10:51:06 GMT
A NoClassDefFoundException might indicate that the class can not be
loaded because it depends on another class which can not be found. Are
you sure that the class in question can find all its dependencies?

regards,

Karl

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Barbara Rosi-Schwartz
<Barbara.Rosi-Schwartz@iggroup.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am generating a bundle from a third party jar using the Maven Bundle plugin. When I
look at the contents of the jar, I can see that my class of interest is in the jar. The Manifest
correctly exports the package to which the class belongs.

> However, when I unleash my bundle in a Virgo container, a NoClassDefFoundException occurs
on that class when I request it from another bundle, which correctly imports the package.

> If I use the handy Virgo commands clhas, clload and clexport, which allow to query which
bundles have, load and export a specific class, I can see that the class is not found in any
bundle and cannot loaded by any bundle; as for exporting, I am told that it is correctly exported
and imported by the bundles I expect, but it tells me "class not found, export only" from
the specific bundle that exports it.

> Any idea as to what I may be doing wrong with the configuration of the Maven Bundle plugin
to produce such an oddity?

> TIA,
> B.
>
> BARBARA ROSI-SCHWARTZ
> Senior Developer
>
> IG Group|Cannon Bridge House
> 25 Dowgate Hill|London|EC4R ZYA
>
> t: +44(0)20 7573 0208 (Direct)
> t: +44(0)20 7896 0011 (Switchboard)
> w: www.iggroup.com
>

> ________________________________
> The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use of the
addressee only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient, please
do not read, copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please also notify
the sender by replying to this email or by telephone (+44 (0)20 7896 0011) and then delete
the email and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc) that do not relate to the official
business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. IG Group
Holdings plc is a company registered in England and Wales under number 04677092. VAT registration
number 761 2978 07. Registered Office: Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill, London EC4R 2YA.
Listed on the London Stock Exchange. Its subsidiaries IG Markets Limited and IG Index Limited
are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (IG Markets Limited FSA registration
number 195355 and IG Index Limited FSA registration number 114059).

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com