felix-users mailing list archives

From jerome moliere <jerome.moli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Class not found, export only error with bundle generated with Maven Bundle Plugin
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 11:00:09 GMT
Hi Barbara,
as suggested wisely by Karl , I could advise you to deploy into your
wirgo the felix webconsole (so you moust have SCR + http service
bundles deployed) ..Once done you should be able to have very helpful
informartion regarding deployment of your bundles

HTH
Jerome
J.MOLIERE - Mentor/J
auteur Eyrolles
blog: http://romjethoughts.blogspot.com
OSGi book available now!!!

2012/3/2 Karl Pauls <karlpauls@gmail.com>:
> A NoClassDefFoundException might indicate that the class can not be
> loaded because it depends on another class which can not be found. Are
> you sure that the class in question can find all its dependencies?
>
> regards,
>
> Karl
>
> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Barbara Rosi-Schwartz
> <Barbara.Rosi-Schwartz@iggroup.com> wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I am generating a bundle from a third party jar using the Maven Bundle plugin. When
I look at the contents of the jar, I can see that my class of interest is in the jar. The
Manifest correctly exports the package to which the class belongs.

>> However, when I unleash my bundle in a Virgo container, a NoClassDefFoundException
occurs on that class when I request it from another bundle, which correctly imports the package.

>> If I use the handy Virgo commands clhas, clload and clexport, which allow to query
which bundles have, load and export a specific class, I can see that the class is not found
in any bundle and cannot loaded by any bundle; as for exporting, I am told that it is correctly
exported and imported by the bundles I expect, but it tells me "class not found, export only"
from the specific bundle that exports it.

>> Any idea as to what I may be doing wrong with the configuration of the Maven Bundle
plugin to produce such an oddity?

>> TIA,
>> B.
>>
>> BARBARA ROSI-SCHWARTZ
>> Senior Developer
>>
>> IG Group|Cannon Bridge House
>> 25 Dowgate Hill|London|EC4R ZYA
>>
>> t: +44(0)20 7573 0208 (Direct)
>> t: +44(0)20 7896 0011 (Switchboard)
>> w: www.iggroup.com
>>

>> ________________________________
>> The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use
of the addressee only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient,
please do not read, copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please
also notify the sender by replying to this email or by telephone (+44 (0)20 7896 0011) and
then delete the email and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc) that do not relate
to the official business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed
by it. IG Group Holdings plc is a company registered in England and Wales under number 04677092.
VAT registration number 761 2978 07. Registered Office: Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill,
London EC4R 2YA. Listed on the London Stock Exchange. Its subsidiaries IG Markets Limited
and IG Index Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (IG
Markets Limited FSA registration number 195355 and IG Index Limited FSA registration number
114059).