felix-users mailing list archives

From Holger Hoffstätte <holger.hoffstae...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: ClassLoader creation
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 13:40:34 GMT
On 30.03.2012 15:03, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 1:02 PM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com>
> wrote:
>
>> If sou, you would just open an InputStream to those JAR files and had
>> it over to BundleContext.installBundle(String, inputStream) where
>> string would be an URL (or an URL like identification, for example
>> the URL from where you got the bundle initially)
>
> But that would mean that the bundles are being added to my own
> ClassLoader, which isn't what I want, would it?

I don't know if that is "what you want" (or not), but it is certainly not
what would happen. :) The Bundles will be installed into the framework as
if installed "manually", and each will have its own classloader.
Essentially you will play the role of a deployment agent, which means you
will also be responsible for starting, stopping and eventually
uninstalling the bundles, as necessary.

-h