felix-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Connect a bundle to a data base
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 16:20:46 GMT
The solution described by Neil should allow that and should be easy to
implement. Using the service to connect your other bundles to the
datasource even makes them
very indepentent of the implementation of the "bridge bundle". A user
bundle could import the DataSource from my solution with blueprint or
the handwritten java bridge bundle
and would not have to be changed in any way.

What exactly are you struggling with?

Christian

Am 21.03.2012 15:43, schrieb elMateo:
> What I want it's only a bundle that work as a bridge to  whatever database.
> The other bundles access to this one to retrieve any information from
> external databases. But I don't get this :(
>
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Donald Whytock<dwhytock@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> What you probably want in the long run is a datasource-generating
>> service, to which you pass the database URI.  You can put things in
>> the properties of the service to indicate whether it's Oracle, mySQL,
>> MSSQL, etc., so that you can have multiple generating services at the
>> same time.
>>
>> Don

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de