felix-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Connect a bundle to a data base
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 12:13:28 GMT
Absolutely. That is what I wanted to say in my last post. The only
problem with this aproach is that you hardcode the database type in your
bridge bundle.
( At least if you dont want to mess with the classloader).

As you probably will not have that many database types in one use case
this is probably ok though.

Christian

Am 20.03.2012 11:27, schrieb Neil Bartlett:
> You certainly don't need Glassfish... you don't need Karaf or Blueprint either.
>
> There is a tendency on many mailing lists to respond to beginner questions with answers
like "you can do this with product X" where X happens to be the product that the person is
working on or selling. Those products may indeed add value but they are rarely the only or
the simplest way to achieve what you want!

> To register a DataSource service with pure OSGi, it's as simple as writing this code
in a BundleActivator (using MySQL as an example):

> DataSource ds = new com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSource();
> context.registerService(DataSource.class.getName(), ds, null);
>
> This would be your "bridge" bundle that you deploy alongside the MySQL driver JAR. For
other database types, write a different 2 lines of code and deploy that bundle instead.

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect