felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Look for a missing dependency in OBR
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2012 03:13:03 GMT
On 3/17/12 20:59 , Matias SM wrote:
> Thank you for your answer Richard.
>
> Is that API available as a bundle to download?

The Felix OBR bundle provides that API. The OSGi API is also optionally
provided, but you have to download that OSGi OBR API as a separate
bundle. (i.e., you only need the Felix OBR bundle installed to use the
Felix OBR API, but you need the Felix OBR bundle and the OSGi OBR API
bundle installed to use the OSGi OBR API with the Felix OBR implementation)

> I see in the Felix svn trunk that the RepositoryAdmin has a "new" method:
> > Resource[] discoverResources(Requirement[] requirements);
> Is that what you mean?

Yes.

> Also, I need to "ask" for the resource (bundle) in other server, so I
> need to transmit the "requirement" through the network. Is there a way
> to do this (e.g. create a requirement from a string) using only the
> exported API or should I use the specific implementation?

Not sure what you mean. The OBR bundle and/or spec has nothing to do
with distribution, so you are on your own there. However, yes, it should
be fairly easy to serialize a requirement since they are already read
from an XML file to begin with.

-> richard