felix-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Connect a bundle to a data base
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 10:44:54 GMT
The best practice is to configure a DataSource outside of the bundle and
offer it as a OSGi service. So the user bundle should just reference the
datasource and use it. The legacy aproach with using a database driver
classname to configure jdbc does not work well in OSGi.

I have a  tutorial that shows how to do this with Apache Karaf. This
should also be possible with pure felix just perhaps a little more effort.
http://www.liquid-reality.de/x/LYBk

Christian

--
Christian Schneider