felix-users mailing list archives

From Ivanhoe Abrahams <ivanhoeabrah...@gmail.com>
Subject Http Service context path
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 09:38:28 GMT
Hi all

I have been playing around with the httpservice.
In my playpen want to get OSGI (Felix) and Vaadin to play nicely together
(which it does).
However at this point I am facing a problem whereby I register two servlets
with different aliases (these servlets extend Vaadin's
AbstractApplicationServlet).
My problem is that these two servlets(actually vaadin applications), seem
to be sharing the same session and what I would like to know is, Is there a
way to register
servlets under different context-paths? because the context path for both
servlets is "/" which is what is causing the servlets to share the same
session, i think.
I want to be able to do this programmatically as well.

The way I am testing this is simply to fire up chrome and open 2 url's eg:

http://localhost:8080/testapp1/
and then another tab
http://localhost:8080/testapp2/

However when I access the second url, it seems like the httprequest
contains the first app's session. Hence my question about context-paths and
how to
seperate the two app's (in terms of session management).

Any advice would be helpful.

By the way I am use the http service bundle (ExtHttpService) to register
servlets and filters and have jetty enabled in the config file.

Regards
Ivanhoe