felix-users mailing list archives

From Dileepa Jayakody <dile...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: How to embed jar into a bundle?
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 05:15:33 GMT
Hi Rice,

The maven-bundle-plugin uses BND tool [1] underneath to write the bundle
manifest of your OSGI bundle. Embed-Dependency is a directive executed by
the bnd tool to pull the given dependency jar into the bundle class-path.
AFAIK the purpose of using the maven-bundle-plugin should be to create an
OSGI bundle, hence the packaging type should be bundle.

Thanks,
Dileepa

[1] http://www.aqute.biz/Bnd/Bnd