felix-users mailing list archives

From Stuart McCulloch <mccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bundle:deploy does not copy the artefact to the remote repository?
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2012 21:04:26 GMT
On 11 Feb 2012, at 20:53, Sandro Boehme wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to deploy the bundle of my project to a remote obr.
> To dry run that locally I created a http://localhost:8080/obr folder via WebDAV in Sling
and copied a small repository.xml (and obr2html.xsl) to that location. I also updated the
pom with the distributionManagement information and added the credentials to the settings.xml.
manifest information but it doesn't copy all the artifacts (jar, pom, ...) to http://localhost:8080/obr/<path-from-group/version.
> Shouldn't bundle:deploy do that similar to deploy:deploy?

we don't want to duplicate the deploy plugin inside Felix, so bundle:deploy only uploads OBR
metadata - it assumes the bundle has been uploaded by deploy:deploy

if your project has 'bundle' packaging then you should be able to just use "mvn clean deploy
-PremoteOBR" to upload both the bundle and the OBR metadata

> Or is there an other way to do that in Felix?
> If I understand it correctly bundle:deploy-file is not the right choice as it deploys
3rd party bundles to the remote obr and I would have to specify many information for Maven
(e.g. the coordinates).

that's basically to be used when you're using deploy:deploy-file to deploy a file located
outside Maven (you'd already be specifying the coordinates in that case)