felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: OSGI - missing imported package=org.apache.commons.collections
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 18:35:45 GMT
On 2/17/12 13:07 , Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
> On 17.02.2012 18:42, rcbandit2 wrote:
>> See this screenshot:
>> http://i42.tinypic.com/14tydl3.png
>> I supposes that this is the necessary package?
> That's not what Richard asked. Yes, you are referencing the library - but
> that's build-time, while your problem is run-time. You need to deploy the
> library too so that the package is available for your client bundle.

That's right.

Perhaps you could review some more introductory OSGi material to get a
better understanding of how it works, particularly around dependency
resolution. The OSGi framework ensures that dependencies are satisfied
by check that providers are present, but it doesn't actually go out and
get the providers for you, you need to install bundles that provide what
you need.

-> richard