felix-users mailing list archives

From Holger Hoffstätte <holger.hoffstae...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: ServiceFactory not returned on getServiceReferences()
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 11:41:06 GMT
On 03.02.2012 15:49, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> I also know that the ECF guys ran into this same issue (with Equinox)
> and that they solved it by introducing a separate proxy bundle under
> which they'd register their service factories.

This is what I did in my (more precisely Paremus') implementation as well
and it worked right away. Creating the synthetic bundle is easy enough,
and since it can be created on the fly you can easily remove it in tow
when e.g the distribution provider is uninstalled.
The main point of the proxy bundle is to avoid polluting the provider
bundle itself with all sorts of per-client wirings.

-h