felix-users mailing list archives

From Stuart McCulloch <mccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Environment variables in MANIFEST.MF
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 15:15:31 GMT
On 10 Feb 2012, at 08:01, Tuomas Kiviaho wrote:
> I'm having the exact same problem. Any news what might cause this. I upgraded
> the bundle plugin from 2.0.1 to 2.3.6 and this started to appear.

See this thread http://www.mail-archive.com/users@felix.apache.org/msg11754.html for more
discussion.

I tracked the cause down to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-2449 which added the
Maven session execution properties to the properties passed to bnd.
This change was needed so people could use command-line properties in bnd macros, otherwise
you could get inconsistent results between Maven and bnd filtering.

Perhaps we should simply avoid adding any Maven session execution properties that start with
an upper-case letter (bnd automatically copies these to the manifest).

Reminder: you can tell bnd to avoid copying entries to the manifest by listing the headers
in the <_removeheaders> instruction.