felix-users mailing list archives

From Gary.How...@thomsonreuters.com
Subject RE: Problem building war
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:52:10 GMT
Hi Felix,

I guess it's a combination of naivety on my part and the fact that I've
also been trying to deploy to an Eclipse Virgo installation and I was
thinking "Tomcat" rather than pure OSGi. I seem to be having trouble
switching from the J2EE way to the OSGi way.

>From your comment I assume that I just need to create a bundle that
handles an HTTP Service and I will effectively have OSGI servlets (if
that's not mixing metaphors too much). Still not quite sure how I
configure stuff like the servlet URL.

Ultimately I would like to have OSGi WebServices as well. Do you know of
any good references on how to create OSGi Servlets/WebServices?

Regards,
Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Felix Meschberger [mailto:fmeschbe@adobe.com]
Sent: 17 January 2012 10:23
To: users@felix.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem building war

Hi,

I wonder, why you want to build a WAR file ?

Generally an OSGi bundle is just a plain JAR file with some more
Manifest attributes (we call them headers) and maybe leveraging OSGi
functionality. This bundle is then directly deployed into an OSGi
framework.

This all has nothing to do with WAR files and Servlet Containers etc.

Regards
Felix

This email was sent to you by Thomson Reuters, the global news and information company. Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender
specifically states them to be the views of Thomson Reuters.