felix-users mailing list archives

From Karl Pauls <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error with multiple instances of Felix running as separate EAR deployments in WebLogic
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 18:47:37 GMT
On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Marcel Offermans
<marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:
> On Jan 9, 2012, at 17:44 PM, Karl Pauls wrote:
>>> As of R4.3, we do have a framework ID spec, so we could do this, but it
>>> would still only solve case (2) above. As long as that is your case, then it
>>> would work.
>> Yeah, we should use the framework ID. Please open a bug for this.
> You're referring to 4.2.8 that defines a Framework UUID I guess?
> As far as I understand from the implementation (Util.randomUUID()) the framework gets
a "new" unique ID every time it starts. We might want to consider holding on to it (in our
bundle cache) to at least keep it as "constant" as we can.
> Why?
> I can see some value in a URL not changing, and if we include it in the bundle: URLs
we generate, we might want to do our best to ensure they are valid for longer than the current
framework run.

I agree that there is some value to it but at the same time, we
already have that problem as we need to encode the revision number in
the url which might be invalid/changed after a refresh/restart...

Making assumptions about the bundle: urls is a problem not matter what :-).

> Greetings, Marcel

Karl Pauls