felix-users mailing list archives

From Thomas GILLET <thomas.gille...@consultant.volvo.com>
Subject Re: maven-bundle-plugin : no import version for packages being both imported and exported after a clean build
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:56:14 GMT

Hello Stuart, thanks for all the info. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the
behaviors you are describing.

Stuart McCulloch wrote:

> The behaviour for the "bundle:bundle" goal follows bnd by not using any
> version for exported packages unless you supply a version

Well with versions 2.3.5 and 2.3.6, without any configuration (no
bundle:manifest goal), my non-versioned packages are all exported with the
bundle version.

Stuart McCulloch wrote:

> You can make the "bundle:manifest" goal behave more like "bundle:bundle"
> by setting <rebuildBundle>true</rebuildBundle>
> [...]
> The bug where the "bundle:bundle" goal could pick up an existing manifest
> from the target directory and merge its headers into the final result
> [...] is fixed in 2.3.6.

Again I tried with version 2.3.5 and 2.3.6, with and without the
"rebuildBundle" parameter, and there isn't any change: export always has a
version, import has a version only with the extra bundle:manifest goal.
Also is there an issue about the merging of an existing manifest ? I don't
find one.

Meanwhile I discovered an other strange thing. If I add
<Export-Package>{local-packages};version=${project.version}</Export-Package>
in my instructions, the import statements for exported packages have always
the correct version, even without the bundle:manifest goal.
An other workaround for my original problem, but not very good because it
would override any packageinfo version (which I'm not using but still).

I join the maven project I used to make those tests (using "mvn clean
package" for each test):
http://old.nabble.com/file/p33206685/test.zip test.zip