felix-users mailing list archives

From Thomas GILLET <thomas.gille...@consultant.volvo.com>
Subject maven-bundle-plugin : no import version for packages being both imported and exported after a clean build
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 10:31:13 GMT

Hello,

I'm using the maven-bundle-plugin to develop a bundle containing a package
which is exported AND imported (i.e it is a public package which is used by
private code, so BND adds the import statement in the manifest as it is
considered a good practice).

I'm not using package versioning, so, from my understanding of the BND
documentation, the export statement should use the bundle version, and the
import statement should use the version from the export statement. It was
all working fine until I run a "mvn clean" before my "mvn package" and end
up with no version on my import statement.

My guess was that after a clean there is no manifest file, so there is no
export statement to get the package version from.
As a workaround I added the "bundle:manifest" goal just before the
"bundle:bundle" goal so the manifest is generated a first time before the
bundle creation. It's now working fine.

But I wonder if this is "normal" behavior or not. Did I do something wrong ?
Is it a bug ? Should I add an issue about that in the Felix Jira ?

Not a very big problem but, if someone knows something about it, I would
like to understand.

Thomas GILLET