felix-users mailing list archives

From Sam Spycher <...@spycher.info>
Subject Re: Urgent - PAX -logging Vs Logback
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 06:38:39 GMT
Hi Matt

You may want to check this thread on the karaf list:

http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Running-Karaf-without-PAX-Logging-td3177504.html

The gist of which is that opinions differ on pros and cons between pax
logging (with default backend log4j) and logback. Pax is more osgi-aware
and logback is simply the next generation of pax's backend log4j (same
developers) .

So yes a pax implementation with logback would be great. The problem with
that seems mainly to lie with configadmin and configuration of log4j via a
properties file vs. configuration of logback via XML: in configadmin you
would be forced to set an entire logback XML config over one property,
whilst currently you can configure log4j settings individually.

Hth,
Sam

-

Sent from my phone