felix-users mailing list archives

From Fabian Broekhof <fabianbroek...@gmail.com>
Subject Resources administration / Virtual Bundle
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 08:07:27 GMT
Hi all,

I'm relatively new to Apache Felix.
We are doing a project for component distribution on an Android platform,
using Apache Felix and Ace.
We have the basic distribution working.

We do have an issue for choosing the right solution for administration of
all this.

For bundles, we can do a Felix.getBundleContext().getBundles(), and we
retrieve all bundles.
Because we have resources (they will factually run on the Android OS), we
don't have bundles registered.

I read about the Virtual-Bundle concept. This Virtual-Bundle corresponds to
a resource. So we connect the OSGI runtime world with the Android world.

Some say this is not the way to do it, because the resource is NO bundle.
Which is true.
I love to know how you think about this subject?

We are also open for better suggestions to how to keep track of our
resources (which are administered in the resourcestore). Is the alternative
to build an OSGI service which accesses the resourcestore?

Thank you.

Fabian