felix-users mailing list archives

From Mike Ottinger <mottin...@tacitknowledge.com>
Subject Coherence and Felix
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 17:46:22 GMT
Hi All,

	We've been working on getting a Coherence jar to play nicely with OSGi. We've had some success
with going the boot delegation approach. But the way we have it working contradicts my limited
understanding of boot delegation.

	-	We placed the coherece.jar inside crx-quickstart/server/runtime/0/_/WEB-INF/lib/ (CQ5.4
instance) as well as xml configs for coherence.
	-	I added the following to the sling.properties:
			sling.bootdelegation.com.tangosol.net.cache=com.tangosol.net.cache
			sling.bootdelegation.com.tangosol.net=com.tangosol.net
			sling.bootdelegation.com.tangosol.util=com.tangosol.util
	-	Now this is where things get odd; I also had to add a "bundlified" version of the coherence.jar
which exports all of the packages to Felix.
	-	When starting everything up, my bundle has the following import information:
			com.tangosol.net,version=0.0.0 from coherencepoc (169) -- Overwritten by Boot Delegation

	Is this the typical setup for this type of configuration?

	In going with a "pure" OSGi bundle approach for Coherence (the approach I was really hoping
to succeed), we were never able to make much progress. I would receive the following stacktrace
as soon as I referenced a CacheFactory:

		Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.tangosol.run.xml.SimpleDocument
			at com.tangosol.run.xml.SimpleParser.instantiateDocument(SimpleParser.java:150)
			at com.tangosol.run.xml.SimpleParser.parseXml(SimpleParser.java:115)
			at com.tangosol.run.xml.SimpleParser.parseXml(SimpleParser.java:71)
			at com.tangosol.run.xml.SimpleParser.parseXml(SimpleParser.java:99)
			at com.tangosol.run.xml.XmlHelper.loadXml(XmlHelper.java:136)
			at com.tangosol.run.xml.XmlHelper.loadXml(XmlHelper.java:175)
			at com.tangosol.run.xml.XmlHelper.loadResourceInternal(XmlHelper.java:320)
			at com.tangosol.run.xml.XmlHelper.loadResource(XmlHelper.java:249)
			at com.tangosol.coherence.component.application.console.Coherence.loadConfiguration(Coherence.CDB:19)
			at com.tangosol.coherence.component.application.console.Coherence.getServiceConfig(Coherence.CDB:14)

	The odd thing would be that the SimpleParser and SimpleDocument classes sit right next to
each other in the same package. Yet the SimpleDocument class could never get instantiated.

	Any ideas/direction on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!