felix-users mailing list archives

From metatech <metatec...@gmail.com>
Subject SynchronousBundleListener really synchronous during bundle start ?
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:59:44 GMT

Hello,
After debugging Apache Camel, I found out that it uses a
SynchronousBundleListener to be notified when a Camel bundle reaches the
"Active" state.
However, when I define a breakpoint in the "activateBundle" method of class
"Felix.java", I see that the bundle state is already "Active", although the
SynchronousBundleListener has not been called yet.  Indeed, the
"setBundleStateAndNotify" method is called before the "fireBundleEvent".
My understanding is that other bundles which rely on the initialization
called in the SynchronousBundleListener are allowed to start, although the
dependent bundle is not fully started.  This can raise a race condition
between both components.
Did I overlook anything ?
Can anyone explain whether the Felix code can be subject to such a race
condition ?
Thanks.
metatech

Reference :