felix-users mailing list archives

From Stuart McCulloch <mccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bundle-ClassPath is not read
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 14:36:24 GMT
On 8 Nov 2011, at 00:25, Adrien Ragot wrote:

> Hi Stuart,
>
> Thank you very much for your dedication.
> Here is the bug I've submitted:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-3206 .
> I've preemptively set the fix version to 2.3.6 so that it appears in
> your radar, feel free to change it if it's not your normal process.

No that's fine, the sooner I know about issues (and which release they're needed in) the sooner
I can fix them - thanks for submitting that issue

> Feel free to change the contents too if you want to describe it
> further.
>
> Best regards,
> Adrien
>
>>> Is there a way to prevent BND from modifying the Bundle-ClassPath header we write?
>>> Can you foresee any drawback of using this method? Do you still want
>>> me to raise an issue?
>>
>> Tweaking the BND instructions so it builds (in memory) the same archive that you
already have in order to get the right manifest will always be more fragile than simply taking
the existing archive and generating a manifest.

>> So please do open an issue describing this use-case, then I can bring back the old
behaviour and introduce a switch to toggle between the two behaviours.