felix-users mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven bundle plugin split-package question
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 15:11:22 GMT
Hi all,

I as part of a refactoring a project is moving some classes from a
package org.acme.foo from bundle A to a separate bundle B.
Unfortunately its not possible to move all the classes to the separate
bundle so this introduces a split package. Both bundle A and bundle B
export package org.acme.foo.

Bundle A has a maven dependency on bundle B.
What happens at the moment with the Maven Bundle Plugin 2.3.4 (we
can't use 2.3.5 as it has a different bug) is that all the classes
from org.acme.foo that exist in bundle B are copied into the resulting
bundle A.

This should not happen. I tried a number of things to exclude the
classes from bundle B appearing in bundle A but none of them seem to
work. Anyone an idea how to prevent this?

BTW I'd rather not go into whether the project should or should not
split these packages. The project is planning to do a package refactor
in the next major release, but can't do this right now.

Thanks,

David

BTW I fabricated a test case for it in the split-package branch of
https://github.com/bosschaert/coderthoughts/tree/split-package/AsciiGraphicsService_MBP
in this (simplified) testcase the duplicate class is added to bundle
ascii-pics-api-bundle-mbp and should not (but does) appear in
ascii-pics-provider-bundle-mbp/