felix-users mailing list archives

From Bram de Kruijff <bdekrui...@gmail.com>
Subject MetaTypeService requires designate in xml?
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 14:46:51 GMT
Hi list,

I'm working an a fileinstall extension to handle metatype files and
ran into this. Not sure if I should report it as a bug or that my
understanding of the spec needs some work.  Anyway, it seems
MetaTypeService requires me to specify at least one Designate in any
OSGI-INF/*.xml metatype file. If no designate is present it will be
ignored and I am unable to retrieve the ObjectClassDefinition.

My use-case is that I want'to ship the OCD within the bundle and
provide the Designates via some other runtime mechanism (eg
fileinstall) and all work fine. But when I remove the designate from
the "OCD MetaType" things fall apart as the MetattypeService code
simply skips everything if there are no designates.

bug or feature?

Thanks!
Bram

{code title="OCD MetaType"}
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<metatype:MetaData xmlns:metatype="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/metatype/v1.0.0">
  <OCD id="org.apache.felix.metatype.test" name="Apache Metatype test OCD">
    <AD id="name" name="name" type="String" description="a name" />
  </OCD>
  <Designate pid="org.apache.felix.metatype.test.1"
factoryPid="org.apache.felix.metatype.test"
    bundle="*">
    <Object ocdref="org.apache.felix.metatype.test"/>
  </Designate>
</metatype:MetaData>
{code}

{code title="Designate MetaType"}
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<MetaData xmlns:metatype="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/metatype/v1.0.0">
  <Designate pid="org.apache.felix.metatype.test.1"
factoryPid="org.apache.felix.metatype.test"
    bundle="*">
    <Object ocdref="org.apache.felix.metatype.test">
    </Object>
  </Designate>
</MetaData>
{code}