felix-users mailing list archives

From Quecas <jms.cer...@gmail.com>
Subject persistent services
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2011 10:17:23 GMT

Hello Felix users,

I think my question kinda overlaps the "stale reference" issue. In my use
case however, a "stale reference" would actually be regarded as a
"persistent reference" and therefore a positive thing.

Suppose I grab a ServiceReference s1, I use s1 and it takes time T to
complete, meanwhile at approx. T/2 s1's bundle is UNREGISTERED,STOPPED and
UNINSTALLED causing the previous execution of s1 to not complete.

I've noticed that in some cases, references persist while others don't -
using the "stale reference" while execution is not complete and using a "new
reference" for new acquisitions of the service - is there any way to
guarantee that an execution (usage) of a service will complete using the
already acquired service instance?

Thanks
Jorge