felix-users mailing list archives

From Zhemzhitsky Sergey <Sergey_Zhemzhit...@troika.ru>
Subject RE: Felix EventAdmin configuration in Karaf
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 07:12:03 GMT
Achim, Carsten,

Thanks a lot for clarification.

Regards,
Sergey

-----Original Message-----
From: Achim Nierbeck [mailto:bcanhome@googlemail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2011 1:08 AM
To: users@felix.apache.org
Subject: Re: Felix EventAdmin configuration in Karaf

Well I might jump in on the karaf part :) you need a cfg file which reflects the pid of the
EventAdmin Service.
org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.EventAdmin.cfg (taking a look at the ServicePID this seems
to be it :) ) and yes the etc folder is the right place it'll be picked up by the fileinstaller

regards, Achim

Am 10.11.2011 18:37, schrieb Carsten Ziegeler:
> I don't know how to do things in Karaf, but for your second question:
>
>> 2.       How to set org.apache.felix.eventadmin.IgnoreTimeout property of event admin
properly?

>> Is the following configuration right: org.apache.felix.eventadmin.IgnoreTimeout=
org.osgi.framework., org.foo.*, org.bar.Clazz?

>> Does the configuration above mean that all the event handlers will not have timeout
for the events in the org.osgi.framework package such as org/osgi/framework/BundleEvent/INSTALLED,
org/osgi/framework/BundleEvent/STARTED, etc., as well as for all the events in the org.foo
package like org/foo/Event, org/foo/bar/Event, as well as for all the events like org/bar/Clazz/Event?

> See the docs at
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX/fixforversion/12317147 -
> the configuration of IgnoreTimeout is for the implementation class of
> the event handler! It's not the topic. So if you configure "org.foo."
> this means all implementations in this package are ignored for timeout
> handling, with "org.foo*" all implementations in this package or sub
> package are ignored and everything not ending in dot or start is
> considered to be a complete class name like
> "org.foo.impl.MyEventHandler"
> But there is no way to define to ignore the timeout for all handlers
> except listing all packages
>
> Carsten
>

>> Best Regards,
>> Sergey

>> The information contained in this message may be privileged and conf idential and
protected from disclosure. If you are not the original intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information is prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and delete it from
your computer. Thank you for your cooperation. Troika Dialog, Russia.

--
-----

Apache Karaf<http://karaf.apache.org/>  Committer&  PMC
OPS4J Pax Web<http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/>   Committer&  Project