felix-users mailing list archives

From "McKenzie, Adam" <adam.mcken...@usask.ca>
Subject Troubles with setMaxInactiveInterval
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2011 21:16:18 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I am having a problem in my application that too many sessions are remaining open instead
of closing after turning inactive when using the Jetty HttpService. This eventually leads
to the application grounding to a halt after ~2.8 million sessions are made. I have manually
set the maxInactiveInterval on one of the HttpServletRequests REST endpoints to a short period
and have verified that if I create 10,000 requests the sessions are disposed of properly.
Fixing it this manual way seems like a bad solution considering there is at least 200 places
where requests are handled and this number will increase over time creating a risk of forgetting
to set the default timeout value.

and the lack of the configuration property in the documentation (http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-http-service.html)
I assume there is no way to set this value in a configuration file similar to web.xml? Is
there a way that I can from a HttpServletRequest get access to the SessionManager or some
other object that will enable me to set a default timeout value for all sessions? I also don't
see a way to do this by grabbing the HttpService during a bundle activation through the context.

Thanks!
Adam McKenzie
ITS, University of Saskatchewan
Rm 61 Physics, 116 Science Place