felix-users mailing list archives

From Charles Moulliard <cmoulli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add GlassFish mode to Karaf?
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 15:25:06 GMT
Sahoo,

Your question is really pertinent "I will be very interested to know
which features of Karaf you are interested in seeing in GlassFish."

Jean-Philippe,

Do you need the console, admin, ssh, jaas security features provided
by karaf OR simply deploy bundles that we have packaged in karaf under
<features> like spring, camel, cxf, .... If this is the case, drag and
drop the bundles in the directory mentioned by Sahoo and you can next
work with it ;-)

Regards,

Charles

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Sahoo <sanjeeb.sahoo@oracle.com> wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> install -s mvn:org.ops4j.pax.url/pax-url-mvn/1.2.6
>> install -s mvn:org.ops4j.pax.url/pax-url-wrap/1.2.6
>> install -s mvn:org.ops4j.pax.logging/pax-logging-api/1.6.2
>> install -s mvn:org.ops4j.pax.logging/pax-logging-service/1.6.2
>> install -s
>> mvn:org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.configadmin/1.2.8-fuse-00-43
>> install -s
>> mvn:org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.fileinstall/3.1.11-fuse-00-43
>> install -s
>> mvn:org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.asm/3.3_2
>> install -s mvn:org.apache.aries/org.apache.aries.util/0.3
>> install -s mvn:org.apache.aries.proxy/org.apache.aries.proxy/0.3
>> install -s mvn:org.apache.aries.blueprint/org.apache.aries.blueprint/0.3.1
>> install -s
>> mvn:org.apache.karaf.shell/org.apache.karaf.shell.console/2.2.0-fuse-00-43
>> install -s
>> mvn:org.apache.karaf.shell/org.apache.karaf.shell.osgi/2.2.0-fuse-00-43
>> install -s
>> mvn:org.apache.karaf.shell/org.apache.karaf.shell.log/2.2.0-fuse-00-43
>> install -s
>> mvn:org.apache.karaf.shell/org.apache.karaf.shell.packages/2.2.0-fuse-00-43
>> install -s
>> mvn:org.apache.karaf.shell/org.apache.karaf.shell.commands/2.2.0-fuse-00-43
>> install -s
>> mvn:org.apache.karaf.shell/org.apache.karaf.shell.dev/2.2.0-fuse-00-43
>> install -s
>> mvn:org.apache.karaf.jaas/org.apache.karaf.jaas.config/2.2.0-fuse-00-43
>> install -s
>> mvn:org.apache.karaf.jaas/org.apache.karaf.jaas.modules/2.2.0-fuse-00-43
>> install -s
>> mvn:org.apache.karaf.jaas/org.apache.karaf.jaas.command/2.2.0-fuse-00-43
>> install -s
>> mvn:org.apache.karaf.features/org.apache.karaf.features.core/2.2.0-fuse-00-43
>> install -s
>> mvn:org.apache.karaf.features/org.apache.karaf.features.command/2.2.0-fuse-00-43
>> install -s
>> mvn:org.apache.karaf.features/org.apache.karaf.features.management/2.2.0-fuse-00-43
>> install -s
>> mvn:org.apache.karaf/org.apache.karaf.management/2.2.0-fuse-00-43
>> install -s mvn:org.apache.aries.jmx/org.apache.aries.jmx/0.3
>> install -s mvn:org.apache.aries.jmx/org.apache.aries.jmx.blueprint/0.3
>>
>> Remark : I provide you the karaf syntax to deploy them. That should be
>> converted for Apache Felix !
>>
>> For the config files used by Karaf, you should set env variables for
>> Karaf like KARAF_BASE and KARAF_HOME and define them somewhere under
>> glassfish/osgi/karaf/etc
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Charles
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 1:54 PM, Jean-Philippe Clement
>> <jeanphilippe.clement@sogeti.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, I'm not too sure what to do. I will number questions for reference.
>>>
>>> 1. By "in Apache Felix of Glassfish" do you mean
>>> glassfish/osgi/felix/bin?
>>> 2. What are "the required bundles of Apache Karaf"?
>>> 3. Copy Karaf /etc config files to glassfish/osgi/felix/conf?
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Jean-Philippe

Karaf,