felix-users mailing list archives

From Holger Hoffstätte <holger.hoffstae...@googlemail.com>
Subject Fun with bundle-plugin, embedding and merging split packages
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 14:06:59 GMT
..and now for something complicated :)

I'm embedding a third-party jar and need to re-export all its packages. In
theory I should be able to specify inline=true since I get the classes of
the exported packages anyway, so there is no need to still keep the
complete jar embedded. Turns out this doesn't work when overriding a class
of the jar (bugfix).

The following works, as it plasters my bugfixed class over the jar
contents, but - as expected - results in both exported inlined classes and
an extraneous embedded jar:

<Embed-Dependency>artifact;groupId=com.vendor;inline=false</Embed-Dependency>
<Export-Package>!${bundle.namespace}.internal.*,com.vendor.*;-split-package:=merge-first;version="${project.version}"</Export-Package>

Now I've been trying to get the extraneous jar out of my bundle, but to no
avail. No matter what I try in terms of bnd instructions, the resulting
bundle always contains the original class, not my fixed version. This
leads me to believe that inlining=true and split-package handling does not
really work together at all.

Plugin is 2.3.5, but this behaviour was already the case with older
versions. Any suggestions?

thanks
Holger