felix-users mailing list archives

From Sahoo <sanjeeb.sa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Add GlassFish mode to Karaf?
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 14:57:56 GMT
Due to security reasons, Felix remote shell is not active by default in
GlassFish installation. One can activate it by adding
org.apache.felix.shell.remote.jar to the list of bundles
glassfish/osgi/felix/conf/config.properties. The property names have
changed between GlassFish releases. I recommend using GlassFish 3.1.1
for any kind of experiment and for 3.1.1, the property name is
"optional.bundles."

Instead of using the shell, one can easily install bundles by copying
them to domain1/autodeploy/bundles/ directory, which is watched by
FileInstall, so the same directory can be used for Karaf cfg files as well.

JVM properties should be specified in domain.xml. Properties referenced
via BundleContext.getProperty() can be specified in
felix/conf/config.properties.

Instead of copying all those Karaf bundles, one should pick bundles that
are really needed in GlassFish. I will be very interested to know which
features of Karaf you are interested in seeing in GlassFish.

Thanks,
Sahoo