felix-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Philippe Clement <jeanphilippe.clem...@sogeti.com>
Subject Re: Add GlassFish mode to Karaf?
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 10:01:30 GMT
I did not argue the right way. My fault. Sorry.

Let's keep the technical aspect away. The goal is not to compare
Geronimo to GlassFish.

GlassFish exists. It exists and it is used, no matter if it is a good
product or not. And, it seems GlassFish to be more and more used.

I really appreciate Karaf, and use it as much as possible. I really
would like Karaf to be opened to major actors in the Java world.

GlassFish is a major actor. But that's a shame GlassFish is based on
Felix instead of Karaf :o)

Good news is that GlassFish is not tied to Felix. Another one is that
Karaf is based on Felix.

I hope Karaf is not tied to Geronimo.

Kind regards,
Jean-Philippe