felix-users mailing list archives

From David.Humen...@L-3Com.com
Subject RE: Gogo causing framework to shutdown
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 20:14:36 GMT
Thanks.  I figured there was a way to do this.  I'll let you know if I
have any issues.

On a related note, I'm looking for Javadocs of the Gogo API (not the
implementation, but things like CommandProcessor).  Do those exist
anywhere?  I'm behind a firewall so grabbing the source is a real pain,
unless it can be downloaded as a zip :)

David Humeniuk

-----Original Message-----
From: derek.baum@gmail.com [mailto:derek.baum@gmail.com] On Behalf Of
Derek Baum
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 3:53 PM
To: users@felix.apache.org
Subject: Re: Gogo causing framework to shutdown

On 27 September 2011 19:17, <David.Humeniuk@l-3com.com> wrote:

> I'm using gogo 0.10.0 (command/runtime/shell).  Framework 3.2.2.
>
> I'm starting it as:
>
> "java -jar bin/felix.jar &"

backgrounding a process causes its standard input to come from /dev/null
(or
it receives SIGSTOP when attempting to read stdin). bash behaves in
exactly
the same way:

$ bash &
[1] 81410
$
[1]+  Stopped                 bash

You need to start gogo in non-interactive mode:

g! gosh --help
gosh - execute script with arguments in a new session
  args are available as session variables $1..$9 and $args.
Usage: gosh [OPTIONS] [script-file [args..]]
  -c --command             pass all remaining args to sub-shell
     --nointeractive       don't start interactive session
     --login               login shell (same session, reads
etc/gosh_profile)
  -s --noshutdown          don't shutdown framework when script
completes
  -x --xtrace              echo commands before execution
  -? --help                show help
If no script-file, an interactive shell is started, type $D to exit.

$ java -Dgosh.args=--noi -jar bin/felix.jar &

Derek

> OR
>
> Through SSH to executes a script on a remote machine.  The script just
> starts Java normally.
>
> If I run the script from within the remote shell, I don't see the
> problem.
>
> David Humeniuk

Shell