felix-users mailing list archives

From <thieba...@artenum.com>
Subject Re: Embedding felix and using felix.auto.deploy.dir
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 17:27:22 GMT
> Bear in mind that auto-deployment from a directory has a number of
> issues
when it comes to production usage, for example the ordering of
> installs, security
> etc. However it is perfectly acceptable for development and testing.

And when it comes to production usage, what would you recommend? Write a application-specific
bundle installer?

I have a code repository with a plenty of OSGi bundle and depending on the bundles I include,
I want to package different applications (a little bit like the different Eclipse distributions
for instance). Currently, I use Ant
and auto-deployment to do it, but there is nothing standard or reusable in my script... And
apparently, it's not recommended for production :-)

Kind regards,

Ben